Sunday, August 28, 2005

Prozac Nation (2001)

Look at me! I'm fucked-up! I'm depressed! Look at me! I'm naked! For no reason! Look at me! I have loose morals! I'm acting out! I have daddy issues! I'm suffering! Look at me! Everyone says that I'm a great writer even though my prose resembles diary entries from an oversincere fifteen-year-old girl! I've won awards! I'm privileged! My parents had money! I should be on Easy Street but the weight of the world weighs upon me! Look at me! I'm whiny! I'm self-centered! I want you all to know how great my suffering is! I want you all to know how difficult it is being me! Look at me! I'm on pills! I'm making a half-hearted suicide attempt in an effort to bring some manner of closure to this film's anti-drama! Can't you see how fucked up I am? Look at me! LOOK AT ME, GODDAMMIT! LOOK AT ME!

(Alternate title, courtesy of Mclusky: My Pain and Sadness is Sadder and More Painful than Yours.)

Grade: C

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha you're an idiot.
it's based on a book, which was based on the actual girls life. you might want to check your facts before you make fun of something. Take this down; you're not very intelligent.

9:52 PM  
Blogger Steve C. said...

Yeah, I know it's based on a true story. A very self-indulgent and boring pity party of a true story. Again: Am I supposed to be impressed by this white girl's angst?

9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home