Monday, August 15, 2005

The Pacifier (2005)

Vin Diesel costars with a duck. It's about as good as you'd expect from that fact. It's bland and harmless (save for the pro-militarism subtext, but I digress). Also, I must grudgingly admit, it is occasionally cute. I particularly like the ultimate payoff to the Peter Panda dance. (Then again, I think I just get unduly amused by watching meathead Diesel do that goofy little two-step.) Yes, it's crappy. But the film seems kind of okay with that, which at least makes it painless. If you need to kill a few million brain cells watching something that you don't even really need to pay attention to, I guess you could do worse. (Yes, I'm stretching for nice things to say. Leave me alone.) Also, Lauren Graham just gets hotter every time I see her. Damn, I should probably be watching "Gilmore Girls."

Grade: C-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home