Thursday, April 28, 2005

Dead End (2004)

Haven't young filmmakers tired of rehashing this plot already? This one doesn't take itself too seriously, for which I am grateful, but seriously. There's no fun to be had in a film that, in trying to be tricky, tips its hand so baldly that the viewer can predict the ending right down to who gets to be the sole survivor. Also, a note to prospective horror directors: If I see another movie where the characters are made into unsympathetic jerks (presumably so we won't care about their deaths), I'll... well, I'll probably just roll my eyes and bitch about it until the credits roll. But I'm really sick of it. Stop it. Find something else to do if that's how you're going to write your characters.

Grade: C-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home