Thursday, January 27, 2005

An Injury to One (2003)

I'm really not sure what to think of this film. It's left-wing pro-Union agitprop, so you think I'd be all ears, but something about the aggressively good-n-evil stance taken by this film inspires little confidence in its veracity. I mean, Michael Moore and Robert Greenwald skew their films pretty heavily, but nothing on the level of Travis Wilkerson here. (Or maybe I just have an easier time buying their films.) The story this film tells is sad and outrageous (as in easily causing outrage), and the formal aspects of the minimalistic film are often striking. Wilkerson's button-pushing, though, feels off-putting. It's an interesting film; I just don't know if I wholly trust it. (Maybe that's a good thing -- independent thought and whatnot.)

Grade: B-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home