Friday, December 17, 2004

Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story (2004)

This film made me think four things:

1) Between this and the unexpected Emmy win for "Arrested Development," Jason Bateman should get an award for Most Awesomest Comeback Kid of '04.

2) How rare it is that someone gets the unexpected celebrity cameo so right as Rawson Marshall Thurber does in this film... and he does it more than once. (One cameo in particular had me in stitches, and I hereby wish to nominate that actor for Most Awesomest Self-Effacing Cameo Kid of '04.)

3) "Opium-addicted Chinamen"? BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

4) From now on, you will all call me the Dread Pirate Steve.

Oh yeah. Also I thought it was pretty fucking funny most of the time. It also played into my seldom-admitted weakness for underdog-sports-movies (I even got tensed up during the finale of Major League II, a film I otherwise hated). So go have fun with that.

Grade: B

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home