Friday, June 20, 2003

Narc (2002)

I do so enjoy a good gritty-cop-drama, and this flick fills the bill nicely -- it's a taut and gripping tale about a murder investigation that manages to hew out its own living space while recalling other good films in the genre. Jason Patric and Ray Liotta are both outstanding (I should probably see Rush someday, huh?) and their characters are believable and complex. Gripes: I find the third act to be a little overly convenient plotwise, and I'm not sure the final revelation of What Really Happened makes much sense thematically. Still, this is a quantum leap forward for director Joe Carnahan from his unwatchable debut Blood Guts Bullets & Octane. I'm interested to see what he's got next.

Grade: B+

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home