Saturday, February 23, 2002

Say it Isn't So (2001)

One thing about me is that I'll watch just about anything. No matter what critical consensus says, odds are I'll end up watching it. And every now and then, a surprise will come rolling down the pike -- a Freddy Got Fingered or a Pootie Tang or a Nude for Satan, a movie that unexpectedly turns out to be pretty goddamn good, or at least really entertaining.

This was not one of those times.

Fuck me upside down with a circus clown, this film sucked. It's thankfully not a mean-spirited film, so I can't really give it an F. But I don't think I can go much higher for a film that contains zero laughs, chuckles, smirks, chortles or even appreciate snorts until the closing gag (which got a laugh, though I'm not sure if it was from amusement or desperation). Chris Klein is as bland as ever, and it seems now more than ever that Heather Graham blew all her acting talent as Rollergirl. Ack... I really, really, really hated this piece o' crap. Halfway through, I began envying my cat -- after all, she doesn't torture herself like this.

Grade: D-